Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wednesdays


This semester I have learned to love kids I have only known for a couple of weeks. I have learned history, traditions and life styles. Most importantly I have learned to not judge. Wednesdays have taught me this. They mean a lot to me. I have the opportunity to grow as a human being and to succeed in my professional field.
No one knows the happiness inside me when I open the door of the classroom and two or three girls come to me saying they want to be in my group. It makes me feel accomplished. I must be doing something right with these kids.
They see a good tutor in me, which is why they behave properly. I imagine I am kind of an authority figure to them and I confess it is a little nerve-racking. Kids are often confused when it comes to strictness and discipline. They think they go hand in hand. Bu I don’t think so. I can be pleasant and nice and still claim respect.

No comments: